I’m in a totally worry-free, relaxed mood while with my children in USA , for many reasons:
1. The first and foremost is the feeling that I’m in the correct place, where Parents of my age should be.
2. I see their mother in my children and recall their childhood days in my grandchildren.
3. I can live with the confidence that if I fall there will be someone to lift me up. My brother Vicha is too fragile to handle me. I’m assured of good medical aid and excellent personal support as and when needed.
4. I need not worry about my food /drinks / clothings. I get the food I want and my daughter/ daughters in law does everything includng making my bed and also keep a strict vigil not only on my food habits but on other habits too, the old people are likely, to remember and vainly attempt to repeat! 😁😁
3. The house will be active most of the time with young men and young women and children, at times with guests too, remembering my good old days when my wife was alive.
4. I need not worry from morning to evening whether the gates are left open by the servant women or tenants or dogs or cows or beggars or veg and fruit hawkers.
5. I need not keep in mind the due dates for receipts and payments.
6.I can go to bathroom or do pooja without worrying whether the courier guy, postman electrician or plumber will press the call bell or enter through the side door and carry away my iPhone or such small possessions (I lost two cell phones )
7. I need not rush out of the toilet fearing whether the sound I heard was due to the fall of coconut from the tree or that of my brother from his chair or bed.
8. When I am with youngsters , I feel that I’m not really that old as my pension book shows .
9. My grandchildren keep pooja idols and other items in proper places and I have to close my eyes and think of God or about my past adventures. In Hyderabad, my landline would ring at least half a dozen times, most of those wrong calls and the rest right calls for a wrong purpose!
And above all, I need not answer a dozen questions everyday from the obese lady in the opposite house enquiring what was the name of the lady who came in and went out of my house and why she came and whether she was married or unmarried!😄😄😄